The history of cannabidiol (CBD) began with the healing of a five-year-old girl from Colorado, Charlotte Figi, who, with the help of CBD in 2010, practically got rid of attacks of epilepsy (before that, the attacks happened many times over every day), despite the fact that none of the existing drugs could help her.
Since then, stories about solving problems with chronic pain or depression – and even about overcoming diabetes and various manifestations of oncology with CBD – began to appear almost every hour.
As a result, in the ranking of the most frequent Google queries, CBD took 3rd place according to the results of the past year, and according to VOGUE magazine, cannabidiol became the most discussed topic of a healthy lifestyle and the current 2019 will be marked by CBD.
So, here are 11 interesting facts about CBD that you may not have known about before.
1. CBD (cannabidiol) – one of the core components of hemp. CBD is among about 90 unique components of this plant, which are merged into one group under the common name “cannabinoids”. The most famous cannabinoids that have been found in hemp today are (THC AND CBD most likely this was due to a ban even on studies that began only recently after the legalization of marijuana in some countries). Mostly these two components take part in different scientific researches.
2. CBD will not bring high and has no psychoactive effect. This component will not give a sense of “coming”, which is an association with hemp. Tetrahydrocannabinol gives such an influence – it connects to the CB1 and CB2 nerve receptors. But CBD does not bind to them and therefore gives a therapeutic effect in other ways. As a result of this, CBD can be used by those who need the precision of thought and velocity of the reaction. But sometimes CBD can get you high.
In most cases, many diseases are handled with various pharmaceuticals, but many of them are either addictive or have different side effects. CBD becomes an excellent, non-toxic replacement with a more powerful effect.
3. Is CBD oil legal? In most countries, CBD oil obtained from agricultural and industrial hemp, and it is legal.
4. Our body produces cannabinoids itself, and CBD oil helps with their clinical lack. There are endocannabinoids – substances produced naturally in our body, and there are phytocannabinoids – these components are taken from plants. Anandamide, also known as “bliss molecule,” is a great example of an endocannabinoid. This unit initiates the CB1 receptor, which has various positive effects on human health.
With a deficit of endocannabinoids, human health begins to lag, and in the case of critical diseases (PSTD, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, migraine, IBS, etc.), CBD can help to increase the amount of endocannabinoids in the human body, while at the same time, without “satisfying” the patient with adverse reactions.
Many studies say that CBD can help with many incurable conditions – this includes psoriasis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, schizophrenia, chronic and neuropathic pain, etc. Animals also produce endocannabinoids, but they have a more developed system, so when treating animals you need to be careful with the dosage of CBD.
5. CBD oil affects several receptors of neurotransmitters, and therefore increases the quality of life, reduces pain, regulates appetite, sleep, nausea, anxiety, inflammation, etc. At the same time, cannabis with a high amount of CBD has practically no such undesirable effects as with THC.
6. CBD is only the most studied element so far, and in general, there are more than 400 compounds in cannabis, the general work of which gives the desired therapeutic result. It is all of them that together make hemp effective – for example, 100 mg of pure CBD will give a lesser effect to alleviate the disease than 100 mg of a whole plant. Here you can draw an analogy with vitamin C – in its pure form it does not work, even its discoverer over the years of research could not cure scurvy with ascorbic acid, since it is just one of the many compounds that together make up Vitamin C. It must also be ascorbic, tyranose, rutin, factor K, factor P, factor J … Like in an orange, which contains real vitamin C.
That is why there is a lot of debate about butter with CBD from technical hemp, and butter with CBD from cannabis.
Obtaining CBD oil from technical hemp is cheaper, more profitable, but gives fewer positive effects, since there are no necessary compounds.
Agricultural hemp is closer to the type of cannabis that can be grown on its own or found in nature, but cannabis with a high CBD content is hybridized by manufacturers to obtain the highest level of the desired combination – this type practically does not contain THC, and it is impossible to get income from it.
7. CBD and THC help in different ways with different types of pain – THC works better for cramps and spasticity of pain, and CBD gives the best result for treating neuropathic pain and inflammation.
A high dose of THC can aggravate the pain, therefore it is better to use micro-dosing, and since it is difficult for many to cope with side effects from THC, specialists advocate medications with a combination of both components. Only that in many places the THC component is illegal.
8. CBD oil helps children with epilepsy and seizures. Those people who had dozens of convulsions every day noticed that their number decreased significantly with CBD.
If you take into account the huge number of children who are prescribed a bunch of toxic pharmaceuticals to alleviate their condition, then it is clear that non-toxic and natural oil with CBD is not scary to use here, especially since it helps, only with a minimum of side effects.
9. CBD fights mental problems and also helps with depression and anxiety, working better than many antidepressants that can cause suicide or bad side effects.
10. Reduces the spread of cancer, providing protective properties; also products with CBD and THC help reduce other types of tumor diseases.
11. Compensates for the negative effects of THC – CBD can prevent memory impairment, reduce paranoia and other bad side effects of cannabis with a high THC content.
This is what CBD is and how it affects our bodies.